lunes, 17 de diciembre de 2007

Words of an american


I'm an american. I was born, grew up and live in Argentina I know that there is a very common confusion: if I said "I'm an american", you could think that I was born in U.S.A.
In fact, there are 35 sort of americans,more or less. Most of us love to play football. You know: 11 players each team and a referee. Most of us speak Spanish, except for some countries like Brazil,U.S.A. and Canada,for instance. However, you can find people who speak Spanish in those countries.In the U.S. there are millions of inmigrants who speaks Spanish. We also use the same sort of measures: kilos,litres,metres and Celsius degrees. It makes easier our lives and communications.
There is a lot of beautiful landscapes between Mexico and Argentina, including our Malvinas Islands,temporary invaded by armed foreigners.We also share a long mountain range: Cordillera de los Andes. Tourists come from all the world to visit our mountains, lakes,beaches and kind people. They also come to dance a big variety of rhythms: tango,salsa,merengue,son,cumbia,etc. What I like more is tango.
My favourite language is Portuguese; even though, I need to improve my English. It has a positive point: by learning English I'm able to chat with people from all the planet: Ukraine, China, Liberia,Senegal,Morocco,etc. I still make some mistakes,maybe in this post too,but my "world" is now bigger than it was only one year ago.
I say very often: languages can be weither barriers or bridges. I prefer to build bridges. If you're thinking about learning a new language, you'll find useful links in this blog. Let's build a peaceful world.

No hay comentarios: